North Bay News
Two toddlers fall from second-story window
PETALUMA, Calif. -- Two Petaluma toddlers who fell from a second-story window Monday evening were transported to hospitals for treatment of unknown injuries, according to the fire department.
A boy, 3, and girl, 2, were in an upstairs bedroom at 1116 Baywood Drive and toppled through a window screen, falling onto a bush below in a bark-covered planter area, at about 6:35 p.m.
Family members inside the home's first level did not witness the fall but heard the children's crying outside the front door, according to the fire department.
Petaluma fire paramedics assessed the children's injuries, and because of the distance of the toddlers' fall, the children were transported to hospitals.
The girl was airlifted to Children's Hospital and Research Center in Oakland, and the boy was transported by ambulance to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital.
As of 8:40 p.m., the extent of the children's injuries was unknown, according to the fire department.
Police also responded to the scene.
petaluma, north bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak 31 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year 36 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 7 On Your Side: Affordable home automation
30 min ago