North Bay News
Two toddlers fall from second-story window
PETALUMA, Calif. -- Two Petaluma toddlers who fell from a second-story window Monday evening were transported to hospitals for treatment of unknown injuries, according to the fire department.
A boy, 3, and girl, 2, were in an upstairs bedroom at 1116 Baywood Drive and toppled through a window screen, falling onto a bush below in a bark-covered planter area, at about 6:35 p.m.
Family members inside the home's first level did not witness the fall but heard the children's crying outside the front door, according to the fire department.
Petaluma fire paramedics assessed the children's injuries, and because of the distance of the toddlers' fall, the children were transported to hospitals.
The girl was airlifted to Children's Hospital and Research Center in Oakland, and the boy was transported by ambulance to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital.
As of 8:40 p.m., the extent of the children's injuries was unknown, according to the fire department.
Police also responded to the scene.
petaluma, north bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child 16 min ago
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday