North Bay News
Marin County yoga instructor helps Haiti children
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A Marin County yoga instructor hopes to make a difference in the lives of children orphaned by the earthquake in Haiti. She visited them last year and was inspired by their perseverance.
She came back to Haiti and decided to build a center where they can live, a real home.
Lisa Rueff and her husband contacted architects and had plans made for the center which will house 100 children.
Then she held a series of yoga fund raisers to get the money. She has raised $25,000 so far, but they still need more.
They leave this week to start building the center and changing lives of children in Haiti.
haiti, marin county, north bay news, don sanchez
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 9 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos