North Bay News
Marin County yoga instructor helps Haiti children
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A Marin County yoga instructor hopes to make a difference in the lives of children orphaned by the earthquake in Haiti. She visited them last year and was inspired by their perseverance.
She came back to Haiti and decided to build a center where they can live, a real home.
Lisa Rueff and her husband contacted architects and had plans made for the center which will house 100 children.
Then she held a series of yoga fund raisers to get the money. She has raised $25,000 so far, but they still need more.
They leave this week to start building the center and changing lives of children in Haiti.
haiti, marin county, north bay news, don sanchez
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 57 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events 13 min ago
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications
- 'Shrimp Boy' pleads not guilty in corruption case
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos