North Bay News
Marin County yoga instructor helps Haiti children
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A Marin County yoga instructor hopes to make a difference in the lives of children orphaned by the earthquake in Haiti. She visited them last year and was inspired by their perseverance.
She came back to Haiti and decided to build a center where they can live, a real home.
Lisa Rueff and her husband contacted architects and had plans made for the center which will house 100 children.
Then she held a series of yoga fund raisers to get the money. She has raised $25,000 so far, but they still need more.
They leave this week to start building the center and changing lives of children in Haiti.
haiti, marin county, north bay news, don sanchez
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery 32 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting 38 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 57 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
47 min ago