North Bay News
Police looking for man who accosted jogger
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. -- Officers are looking for a man who accosted a jogger in Rohnert Park Friday afternoon, police said.
A 23-year-old woman was jogging on Five Creek path, near Americana and Park Ridge apartment complexes, at around 3:30 p.m. when a man confronted her.
The suspect said "Come here girlie," grabbed the woman by her forearms and brandished a box cutter, according to police.
He slashed at the woman's face and the victim raised her arms to protect herself. The victim's forearm was cut and she was treated at a hospital and released.
The suspect was described as a white man, about 30 years old, 6 feet 2 inches, with a lean build. He was wearing a dirt-stained white tank top and light blue shorts. He also has a 2-inch round tattoo on his forearm.
Police are urging residents to be vigilant while walking or jogging on the creek paths and to avoid using the paths alone.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to call police at (707) 584-2600.
crime, rohnert park, north bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos