North Bay News
Police looking for man who accosted jogger
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. -- Officers are looking for a man who accosted a jogger in Rohnert Park Friday afternoon, police said.
A 23-year-old woman was jogging on Five Creek path, near Americana and Park Ridge apartment complexes, at around 3:30 p.m. when a man confronted her.
The suspect said "Come here girlie," grabbed the woman by her forearms and brandished a box cutter, according to police.
He slashed at the woman's face and the victim raised her arms to protect herself. The victim's forearm was cut and she was treated at a hospital and released.
The suspect was described as a white man, about 30 years old, 6 feet 2 inches, with a lean build. He was wearing a dirt-stained white tank top and light blue shorts. He also has a 2-inch round tattoo on his forearm.
Police are urging residents to be vigilant while walking or jogging on the creek paths and to avoid using the paths alone.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to call police at (707) 584-2600.
crime, rohnert park, north bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan 38 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly 11 min ago
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay 8 min ago
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday