North Bay News
Police offer reward in Solano County pipe bomb cases
VACAVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Investigators believe a pipe bomb explosion in Fairfield might be connected to a newspaper pipe bomb case that's gone unsolved in neighboring Vacaville.
Police say they're looking for Daniel Garcia, 29, in connectino with a pipe bomb that detonated underneath a vehicle in Fairfield last month.
Last month's incident comes two months after an elderly Vacaville resident was injured when a pipe bomb hidden inside a newspaper detonated.
Vacavillle Police searched Garcia's home on Thursday where they discovered a pipe bomb. Police later safely detonated the explosive device.
Garcia is described as standing 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighing 250 pounds. Garcia is a resident of Fairfield but has been known to frequent Vacaville.
Police are offering a reward of $200,000 for information that leads to Garcia's arrest.
crime, fairfield, vacaville, solano county, north bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits 41 min ago
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 51 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks 28 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday