North Bay News
Stinson Beach shark sighting prompts warning
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Beachgoers in Marin County are being warned to stay in shallow waters through Thursday after a shark was sighted near Stinson Beach.
Sunday's sighting was a mile north of Stinson at Seadrift Beach.
Shark warning signs have since been posted along all Southern Marin County beaches. People are being told not to go into the water past their knees.
Officials say that warning could be extended if more sharks are spotted.
sharks, stinson beach, north bay news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 16 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday