North Bay News
Vallejo PD identify shooting victim
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police have identified 22-year-old Michael Ross as the Vallejo man who was killed in the 1000 block of Porter Street around 4 p.m. Thursday.
Police also identified 21-year-old Johnathan Walker, of Vallejo and San Francisco, as the homicide suspect.
Walker is also wanted by San Francisco police in connection with an unrelated homicide and by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for a parole violation, Sgt. Jeff Bassett said.
Walker, who should be considered armed and dangerous, may be associated with a 1980s, four-door, light brown or tan Honda Accord with a partial California license plate of 6FB--802, Bassett said.
The shooting was Vallejo's ninth homicide this year.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Cpl. John Garcia or Detective Fabio Rodriguez at (707) 648-4517.
shooting, vallejo, solano county, north bay news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 3 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...