North Bay News
Vallejo PD identify shooting victim
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police have identified 22-year-old Michael Ross as the Vallejo man who was killed in the 1000 block of Porter Street around 4 p.m. Thursday.
Police also identified 21-year-old Johnathan Walker, of Vallejo and San Francisco, as the homicide suspect.
Walker is also wanted by San Francisco police in connection with an unrelated homicide and by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for a parole violation, Sgt. Jeff Bassett said.
Walker, who should be considered armed and dangerous, may be associated with a 1980s, four-door, light brown or tan Honda Accord with a partial California license plate of 6FB--802, Bassett said.
The shooting was Vallejo's ninth homicide this year.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Cpl. John Garcia or Detective Fabio Rodriguez at (707) 648-4517.
shooting, vallejo, solano county, north bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 34 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Dawson go-ahead field goal lifts 49ers by Seattle
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Time announces finalists for Person of the Year 1 min ago
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos