North Bay News
12 Rohnert park apartment units damaged in fire
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. -- When a fire tore through an apartment building in Rohnert Park this afternoon, 12 units were damaged, affected an equal number of families, a Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety lieutenant said.
The fire at 6903 Commerce Blvd. was reported at 4:36 p.m., was at least a second-alarm fire, and took more than an hour to control, according to a public safety dispatcher.
Lt. Jeff Taylor said that cause of the fire remained under investigation.
One firefighter was treated for heat exposure and was later released, Taylor said. No other injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the affected families.
rohnert park, fire, north bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off 3 min ago
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos