North Bay News
12 Rohnert park apartment units damaged in fire
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. -- When a fire tore through an apartment building in Rohnert Park this afternoon, 12 units were damaged, affected an equal number of families, a Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety lieutenant said.
The fire at 6903 Commerce Blvd. was reported at 4:36 p.m., was at least a second-alarm fire, and took more than an hour to control, according to a public safety dispatcher.
Lt. Jeff Taylor said that cause of the fire remained under investigation.
One firefighter was treated for heat exposure and was later released, Taylor said. No other injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the affected families.
rohnert park, fire, north bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 38 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 40 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting 28 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday