North Bay News
2 hospitalized after being exposed to hazardous chemical
Two agricultural workers were hospitalized Tuesday morning after being exposed to a hazardous chemical in unincorporated Napa County, authorities said.
Two women working at a nursery near the corner of Big Ranch Road and Oak Knoll Avenue, north of the city of Napa, had a reaction to a chemical that drifted near them, city of Napa spokesman Barry Martin said.
Napa County sheriff's Capt. Tracey Stuart said the sheriff's office first responded to the situation at 8:42 a.m.
She said first responders initially thought the women had been exposed to sulfur, but now believe it may have been pesticides used by nearby vineyards.
Napa County fire crews decontaminated the two workers before they were taken to Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa, Martin said.
Stuart said the women were experiencing respiratory problems.
The women were conscious and responsive, Martin said. He did not know if they had since been released from the hospital.
No other people were exposed to the chemical, which was being applied in what may have been a vine nursery, Martin said.
napa county, hazmat, north bay news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints 43 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Stores stay open around the clock before...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos