North Bay News
Group worried over Solano County gas pipelines
SUISUN CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A watchdog group in Solano County is worried a pipeline explosion similar to the one in San Bruno last year could happen there.
The group Healthy Community Research says PG&E is ignoring heavy development around major gas transmission lines.
On Wednesday, members stood ona street in Suisun City where a new Wal-Mart is expected to be built.
The group says heavy trucks will cause constant vibrations no a street with a major gas transmission line running underneath it. The group also claims PG&E has not produced safety records for that line, adding to what they call a "recipe for disaster."
"If it blew up right here, it would take out all the homes," said Anthony Moscarelli, adding that 575 homes would be gone.
A PG&E spokesperson told ABC7 that a safety inspection has taken place on the major gas transmission line running through the neighborhood, but that assessment of the results are still ongoing.
A few days ago, PG&E revealed it misclassified 172 miles of gas transmission lines by not taking into consideration nearby urban development.
PG&E, solano county, north bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday