North Bay News
Group worried over Solano County gas pipelines
SUISUN CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A watchdog group in Solano County is worried a pipeline explosion similar to the one in San Bruno last year could happen there.
The group Healthy Community Research says PG&E is ignoring heavy development around major gas transmission lines.
On Wednesday, members stood ona street in Suisun City where a new Wal-Mart is expected to be built.
The group says heavy trucks will cause constant vibrations no a street with a major gas transmission line running underneath it. The group also claims PG&E has not produced safety records for that line, adding to what they call a "recipe for disaster."
"If it blew up right here, it would take out all the homes," said Anthony Moscarelli, adding that 575 homes would be gone.
A PG&E spokesperson told ABC7 that a safety inspection has taken place on the major gas transmission line running through the neighborhood, but that assessment of the results are still ongoing.
A few days ago, PG&E revealed it misclassified 172 miles of gas transmission lines by not taking into consideration nearby urban development.
PG&E, solano county, north bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 31 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 6 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire