North Bay News
Fairfield teens arrested for carjacking, arson
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Officers arrested two teens Friday evening suspected of carjacking and arson in Fairfield, police said.
Police initially responded to reports of a carjacking at around 5:40 p.m. on Limewood Court.
A pizza delivery driver was confronted by four or five males. One of the suspects threatened to shoot the driver and stole his car, police said.
The victim ran away and was not injured.
A neighbor told responding officers that the stolen car was involved in a minor crash on Silver Creek Road, near Lopes Road, and two suspects were seen running away from the crash, according to police.
Police detained one suspect without incident near Oakbrook Elementary School.
A resident reported seeing a person matching the second suspect's description breaking into a home in the 2900 block of Orinda Way, police said.
Officers discovered that the suspect had broken into the home, which was an unoccupied rental home, through the rear sliding patio door.
Police said the suspect intentionally placed a wood cutting board on the stove and ignited it before running away in what appeared to be an attempt to set the house on fire.
Officers put out the fire and the kitchen sustained minor burn and smoke damage.
A neighbor reported seeing the suspect hiding in bushes on Ramsgate Court, near Spindrift Place.
Police said they tried to arrest the suspect but had to use a Taser to subdue him. The suspect was taken to NorthBay Medical Center for non-life-threatening injuries.
A 17-year-old San Francisco male was arrested on suspicion of carjacking, burglary, and arson. His name has been withheld due to his age, police said.
Michael Aaron Perez, 18, of Fairfield was arrested on suspicion of carjacking.
The remaining suspects who took part in the carjacking, who were described as Hispanic males, have not been identified, police said.
fairfield, carjacking, arson, crime, north bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 37 min ago
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday