North Bay News
Fairfield teens arrested for carjacking, arson
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Officers arrested two teens Friday evening suspected of carjacking and arson in Fairfield, police said.
Police initially responded to reports of a carjacking at around 5:40 p.m. on Limewood Court.
A pizza delivery driver was confronted by four or five males. One of the suspects threatened to shoot the driver and stole his car, police said.
The victim ran away and was not injured.
A neighbor told responding officers that the stolen car was involved in a minor crash on Silver Creek Road, near Lopes Road, and two suspects were seen running away from the crash, according to police.
Police detained one suspect without incident near Oakbrook Elementary School.
A resident reported seeing a person matching the second suspect's description breaking into a home in the 2900 block of Orinda Way, police said.
Officers discovered that the suspect had broken into the home, which was an unoccupied rental home, through the rear sliding patio door.
Police said the suspect intentionally placed a wood cutting board on the stove and ignited it before running away in what appeared to be an attempt to set the house on fire.
Officers put out the fire and the kitchen sustained minor burn and smoke damage.
A neighbor reported seeing the suspect hiding in bushes on Ramsgate Court, near Spindrift Place.
Police said they tried to arrest the suspect but had to use a Taser to subdue him. The suspect was taken to NorthBay Medical Center for non-life-threatening injuries.
A 17-year-old San Francisco male was arrested on suspicion of carjacking, burglary, and arson. His name has been withheld due to his age, police said.
Michael Aaron Perez, 18, of Fairfield was arrested on suspicion of carjacking.
The remaining suspects who took part in the carjacking, who were described as Hispanic males, have not been identified, police said.
fairfield, carjacking, arson, crime, north bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 44 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 41 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos