North Bay News
Several injured as Hummer tries to evade CHP
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- Eight people were injured on Friday after a stolen Hummer being chased by the California Highway Patrol crashed twice in Vallejo.
The Hummer first struck a small vehicle around 9:30 p.m. at Broadway and Redwood Streets in Vallejo, slightly injuring two teenagers.
The CHP says the Hummer took off after that incident and crashed into three more cars at Broadway and Tuolumne Streets. A mother, father and their two young boys were seriously injured in that crash. The older of the two children sustained significant injuries that caused medical officials to airlift him to Children's Hospital in Oakland. A woman in another car was also injured.
Eventually, the Hummer overturned and trapped the injured 17-year-old suspect inside. The CHP says the suspect has a long juvenile record and now faces multiple new charges, including felony hit-and-run.
police chase, crime, vallejo, north bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 25 min ago
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires 55 min ago
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday