North Bay News
Police arrest man after Vacaville standoff
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- Police in Vacaville arrested a stabbing suspect after a two-hour standoff outside his home on Saturday afternoon.
Rocky Lujan, 27, was suspected of stabbing another Vacaville man in his car outside the Depot Food & Liquor store on July 15, according to Vacaville police.
Lujan allegedly stabbed the victim multiple times in the chest and hands, according to police. The victim was taken to Vaca Valley Hospital and survived the injuries.
Police went to Lujan's home in the 600 block of Arcadia Drive at about 11 a.m. on Saturday.
Officers saw Lujan through look through the blinds and turn off all the interior lights, police said.
The suspect made contact with the officers after two-and-a-half hours and surrendered. His girlfriend and their two-year-old son were in the home at the time.
Investigators reportedly found evidence linking Lujan to the stabbing as well as an ounce of methamphetamine.
He was arrested for the stabbing, witness intimidation and possession of methamphetamine.
crime, standoff, vacaville, north bay news
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member 14 min ago
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday