North Bay News
Police arrest man after Vacaville standoff
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- Police in Vacaville arrested a stabbing suspect after a two-hour standoff outside his home on Saturday afternoon.
Rocky Lujan, 27, was suspected of stabbing another Vacaville man in his car outside the Depot Food & Liquor store on July 15, according to Vacaville police.
Lujan allegedly stabbed the victim multiple times in the chest and hands, according to police. The victim was taken to Vaca Valley Hospital and survived the injuries.
Police went to Lujan's home in the 600 block of Arcadia Drive at about 11 a.m. on Saturday.
Officers saw Lujan through look through the blinds and turn off all the interior lights, police said.
The suspect made contact with the officers after two-and-a-half hours and surrendered. His girlfriend and their two-year-old son were in the home at the time.
Investigators reportedly found evidence linking Lujan to the stabbing as well as an ounce of methamphetamine.
He was arrested for the stabbing, witness intimidation and possession of methamphetamine.
crime, standoff, vacaville, north bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday