North Bay News
Big-rig, Amtrak train collide near Vacaville
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- The driver of a big-rig suffered minor injuries this morning when the big-rig and an Amtrak train collided on the tracks near Vacaville, California Highway Patrol Sgt. Trent Cross said.
The accident was reported around 8:30 a.m. at Vanden and Canon roads in unincorporated Solano County.
The collision knocked the big-rig trailer on its side, but the driver was able to get out of the truck, according to the CHP.
The road was clear by 9 a.m.
amtrak, vacaville, north bay news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 4 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 43 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute 47 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos