North Bay News
Vallejo schools to guard against copper theft
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Vallejo school board is close to hiring a security firm to guard against copper thieves.
Seven Vallejo schools have suffered a total of $100,000 in damage from vandals stealing copper. Franklin Middle School has been hit five times.
The school board has voted to solicit bids from security firms to provide patrols to protect district property.
vallejo, crime, north bay news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body