North Bay News
Woman escapes kidnap attempt in Napa Co.
NAPA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A registered sex offender is in custody after police say he tried to force a woman into his car on Highway 29 in Napa County.
The woman was pushing a stroller Thursday when police say 63-year-old Paul Webster pulled up, got out, and offered her a ride. When she refused, he tried to push her into his car but she managed to get away.
Webster was arrested at his Concord home after the woman identified him from a photo lineup police showed her. He now faces attempted kidnapping charges.
napa county, crime, sex offender, north bay news
- Police make arrest after officer shot in San Francisco 3 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 15 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Police make arrest after officer shot in...
3 min ago
- Footage examined to ID two with stolen...
49 min ago