North Bay News
Fire crews contain three-alarm Benicia blaze
BENICIA, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters from surrounding areas were called to battle a three-alarm grass blaze in Benicia on Sunday.
The fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. near the Benicia Community Park neighborhood. Fire crews from Vallejo, Contra Costa and Napa Counties were called out to help contain the fire.
In some cases, flames reached within several feet of the backyards of nearby homes.
Less than an hour after the fire ignited, crews were able to get it under control.
Investigators are now looking into the cause of the blaze.
fire, benicia, north bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday