North Bay News
Wildfire near Lake Berryessa contained
LAKE BERRYESSA, Calif. -- A 508-acre wildfire near Lake Berryessa in Napa County was fully contained at 10 a.m. today, Cal Fire officials said.
Heavy mop-up operations continued today in the extremely steep and rigged terrain, Cal Fire spokeswoman Suzie Blankenship said.
A segment of Berryessa/Knoxville Road two miles north of Lake Berryessa and three miles south of the Napa-Lake county line will remain closed until 6 p.m. today, Blakenship said.
There are no evacuations and Lake Berryessa is not impacted by the wildfire and is open to visitors, Blakenship said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The fire was reported around 2:45 p.m. Saturday in a rural area north of Pope Canyon Road. There were 190 personnel, 14 fire engines and six fire crews working the fire this morning, Blakenship said.
Ten agencies responded to the blaze over the weekend.
Residents can find more information at www.fire.ca.gov.
fire, wildfire, napa county, north bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF 18 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 51 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos