North Bay News
Wildfire near Lake Berryessa contained
LAKE BERRYESSA, Calif. -- A 508-acre wildfire near Lake Berryessa in Napa County was fully contained at 10 a.m. today, Cal Fire officials said.
Heavy mop-up operations continued today in the extremely steep and rigged terrain, Cal Fire spokeswoman Suzie Blankenship said.
A segment of Berryessa/Knoxville Road two miles north of Lake Berryessa and three miles south of the Napa-Lake county line will remain closed until 6 p.m. today, Blakenship said.
There are no evacuations and Lake Berryessa is not impacted by the wildfire and is open to visitors, Blakenship said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The fire was reported around 2:45 p.m. Saturday in a rural area north of Pope Canyon Road. There were 190 personnel, 14 fire engines and six fire crews working the fire this morning, Blakenship said.
Ten agencies responded to the blaze over the weekend.
Residents can find more information at www.fire.ca.gov.
fire, wildfire, napa county, north bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges 15 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday 27 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos