North Bay News
Sea lion recovering from gunshot wound to back
SAUSALITO, Calif. (KGO) -- Vets at the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito are hard at work saving a sea lion from a gunshot wound.
A 320-pound sea lion named King Neptune was found Wednesday at the Santa Cruz wharf. He had been shot in the back. Veterinarians say he was wounded by some sort of high-caliber weapon.
Neptune is currently on antibiotics. Vets are cautiously optimistic and hope King¬ will feel well enough to begin eating again soon.
sausalito, marine mammal center, north bay news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 59 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire