North Bay News
Mother, daughters struck by car in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police released more information about the mother and two young girls who were injured in a collision with a vehicle Wednesday morning.
A 27-year-old Vallejo woman was riding a bicycle with an attached trailer containing two girls ages 2 and 5 in the intersection of Elliot and Mini drives around 7:45 a.m., Lt. Abel Tenorio said.
The bicyclist was traveling north on Elliot Drive approaching Mini Drive and a 38-year-old Vallejo man was driving east on Mini Drive, Tenorio said.
The vehicle struck the trailer in the intersection causing it to spin around, Tenorio said.
The woman and 5-year-old girl suffered moderate injuries and were taken to Sutter Solano Hospital in Vallejo, Tenorio said.
The 2-year-old girl suffered more serious injuries and was flown to the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, Tenorio said. The extent of their injuries was not released.
The driver gave police a statement, Tenorio said.
Vallejo fire Capt. Erick Diez said the children were in a small metal frame and mesh fabric trailer attached to the back of the bicycle.
There was a stop sign but no traffic light at the intersection, Diez said.
Firefighters had to cut and dismantle half the trailer to free the children and it wasn't clear if there were child restraints, Diez said.
"The mother may have freed them. The trailer was smashed," Diez said.
crash, bikes, children, vallejo, north bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 3 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area 3 min ago
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday