North Bay News
Cyclist suffers head injury in morning crash
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- A bicyclist was transported to a hospital this morning with head injuries after the rider crashed through a car's rear window in Sausalito, a police sergeant said.
The bicyclist had been traveling north on Second Street, a downhill stretch of road without parking on either side, when the rider struck the rear of a vehicle that was stopped while waiting to make a left-hand turn, Sgt. Bill Fraass said.
The vehicle, which had been stopped for about 15 seconds while waiting to turn from Second Street onto Valley Street, was stopped for oncoming traffic because there are no stop signs for that maneuver, Fraass said.
The bicyclist shattered the vehicle's back window, sustaining a head injury of unknown severity, and was transported to Marin General Hospital, he said.
An investigation of the crash is ongoing, Fraass said.
crash, sausalito, north bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos