North Bay News
Cyclist suffers head injury in morning crash
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- A bicyclist was transported to a hospital this morning with head injuries after the rider crashed through a car's rear window in Sausalito, a police sergeant said.
The bicyclist had been traveling north on Second Street, a downhill stretch of road without parking on either side, when the rider struck the rear of a vehicle that was stopped while waiting to make a left-hand turn, Sgt. Bill Fraass said.
The vehicle, which had been stopped for about 15 seconds while waiting to turn from Second Street onto Valley Street, was stopped for oncoming traffic because there are no stop signs for that maneuver, Fraass said.
The bicyclist shattered the vehicle's back window, sustaining a head injury of unknown severity, and was transported to Marin General Hospital, he said.
An investigation of the crash is ongoing, Fraass said.
crash, sausalito, north bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting