North Bay News
Rohnert Park man arrested after high speed chase
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. -- A Rohnert Park man was arrested this morning in Santa Rosa after allegedly leading officers on a high-speed chase while being under the influence of alcohol, police said.
Officers stopped Gilberto Rodriguez, 43, after they said he failed to stop behind a limit line at an intersection at about 12:10 a.m.
An officer attempted to stop his vehicle, but Rodriguez continued traveling on College Avenue until he eventually reached a red light at an intersection, according to the Santa Rosa Police Department.
The officer asked him to exit his vehicle after he allegedly observed signs of intoxication. Rodriguez refused and sped off, police said.
Rodriguez led officers on about a 13-mile chase through the Roseland area and then onto U.S. Highway 101 into Rohnert Park. Rodriguez allegedly reached speeds of about 100 mph during the pursuit.
He exited Highway 101 at the Rohnert Park Expressway and came to a stop on the off-ramp, where officers took him into custody.
He was arrested on suspicion of felony evasion of a peace officer, driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a suspended license and a probation violation.
rohnert park, santa rosa, police chase, crime, north bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients 49 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance 34 min ago
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
59 min ago