North Bay News
Report: Belvedere safest city in California
BELVEDERE, Calif. (KGO) -- New figures from the FBI show the city of Belvedere in Marin County is the safest city in the state, with a violent crime rate of zero.
The Marin Independent Journal reports Belvedere was the only city with a population of more than 2,000 people to report no violent crimes last year. It was Belvedere's third straight year with a clean slate.
The last time that Belvedere logged a violent crime was an assault in 2007.
belvedere, crime, north bay news
- San Leandro police search for missing 10-year-old boy 22 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 5 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 54 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 9 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
45 min ago