North Bay News
Controlled burn alarms Sausalito residents
A controlled burn in the Marin Headlands was creating smoky conditions in nearby Sausalito Tuesday afternoon.
National Park Service spokeswoman Alexandra Picavet said the blaze is intended to char about 30 acres in the Golden Gate National Recreation's Gerbode Valley to help eradicate the invasive plant fescue.
In the meantime, motorists on U.S. Highway 101 and residents of Sausalito are wondering about all the smoke in the air.
A Sausalito police dispatcher said she has received "about 100,000" calls from people wondering what is burning.
She said police have been told the burn will end around 4 p.m.
fire, sausalito, marin county, north bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 28 min ago
- Pleasanton students targeted on Instagram 27 min ago
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead 46 min ago
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
28 min ago