North Bay News
2 injured in Suisun City drive-by shooting
SUISUN CITY, Calif. -- A drive-by shooting in Suisun City Thursday evening left one person with life-threatening injuries and another with a gunshot wound to the hand, police said.
Police responded at 5:46 p.m. to reports of shots fired and a person down in the 300 block of Canvasback Drive. Officers found two victims suffering from gunshot wounds.
Suisun City residents Derico Hughes, 21, and 20-year-old James Taylor were found with a gunshot wound to the hand and the head, respectively, police said.
Taylor was taken to John Muir Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
It appears the incident occurred while the victims were driving east on Canvasback Drive. The suspects pulled alongside the victim's car and fired several shots from their car. The victims then crashed their car into a parked SUV before stopping.
The suspects drove away east on Canvasback Drive.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Detective Mike Rowe or Cmdr. Tim Mattos at (707) 421-7373.
crime, suisun city, shooting, north bay news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 57 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
54 min ago