North Bay News
2 injured in Suisun City drive-by shooting
SUISUN CITY, Calif. -- A drive-by shooting in Suisun City Thursday evening left one person with life-threatening injuries and another with a gunshot wound to the hand, police said.
Police responded at 5:46 p.m. to reports of shots fired and a person down in the 300 block of Canvasback Drive. Officers found two victims suffering from gunshot wounds.
Suisun City residents Derico Hughes, 21, and 20-year-old James Taylor were found with a gunshot wound to the hand and the head, respectively, police said.
Taylor was taken to John Muir Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
It appears the incident occurred while the victims were driving east on Canvasback Drive. The suspects pulled alongside the victim's car and fired several shots from their car. The victims then crashed their car into a parked SUV before stopping.
The suspects drove away east on Canvasback Drive.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Detective Mike Rowe or Cmdr. Tim Mattos at (707) 421-7373.
crime, suisun city, shooting, north bay news
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 35 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting 29 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos