North Bay News
Woman arrested for 2002 Fairfield murder
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Police arrested a Sacramento woman Friday who is suspected of killing a Fairfield man in 2002, police said.
Detectives had developed information that identified Dorothy Marie York, 33, as a suspect in the 2002 Rancho Solano homicide in which a 68-year-old man was killed.
Detectives believed York had been living in Sacramento's Del Paso Heights area, and they responded to the area after a no-bail arrest warrant was issued for York.
York was taken into custody without incident after police spotted her driving away from a home they had been monitoring.
She was stopped in a Walgreen's parking lot on El Camino Avenue, arrested and booked into Solano County Jail on suspicion of murder.
Agents from the Sacramento office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives assisted Fairfield Police in the response.
murder, crime, fairfield, sacramento, north bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest 25 min ago
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum 19 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area home prices steadily rising
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos