North Bay News
Woman arrested for 2002 Fairfield murder
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Police arrested a Sacramento woman Friday who is suspected of killing a Fairfield man in 2002, police said.
Detectives had developed information that identified Dorothy Marie York, 33, as a suspect in the 2002 Rancho Solano homicide in which a 68-year-old man was killed.
Detectives believed York had been living in Sacramento's Del Paso Heights area, and they responded to the area after a no-bail arrest warrant was issued for York.
York was taken into custody without incident after police spotted her driving away from a home they had been monitoring.
She was stopped in a Walgreen's parking lot on El Camino Avenue, arrested and booked into Solano County Jail on suspicion of murder.
Agents from the Sacramento office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives assisted Fairfield Police in the response.
murder, crime, fairfield, sacramento, north bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos