North Bay News
Woman arrested for 2002 Fairfield murder
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Police arrested a Sacramento woman Friday who is suspected of killing a Fairfield man in 2002, police said.
Detectives had developed information that identified Dorothy Marie York, 33, as a suspect in the 2002 Rancho Solano homicide in which a 68-year-old man was killed.
Detectives believed York had been living in Sacramento's Del Paso Heights area, and they responded to the area after a no-bail arrest warrant was issued for York.
York was taken into custody without incident after police spotted her driving away from a home they had been monitoring.
She was stopped in a Walgreen's parking lot on El Camino Avenue, arrested and booked into Solano County Jail on suspicion of murder.
Agents from the Sacramento office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives assisted Fairfield Police in the response.
murder, crime, fairfield, sacramento, north bay news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 38 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday