North Bay News
Man found dead in car identified
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Police today identified a man who was found dead last week in a vehicle along eastbound Interstate Highway 80 in Vallejo as Henry Markishe, 28, of Benicia.
The California Highway Patrol and the Vallejo Fire Department responded to a report of a crash on the highway east of Tennessee Street around 11:58 p.m. on Nov. 10, police said.
They located the vehicle in the bushes on the shoulder of the road between Tennessee Street and Redwood Parkway, and found that the driver had suffered gunshot wounds to his upper body.
Medical personnel pronounced the man dead at the scene.
The death marks the city's 13th homicide of the year, according to police.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call Vallejo police Detective Mat Mustard or Jared Jaksch at (800) 488-9383.
vallejo, crash, shooting, I-80, north bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 51
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party 20 min ago
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison 49 min ago
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident 11 min ago
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday