North Bay News
Man found dead in car identified
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Police today identified a man who was found dead last week in a vehicle along eastbound Interstate Highway 80 in Vallejo as Henry Markishe, 28, of Benicia.
The California Highway Patrol and the Vallejo Fire Department responded to a report of a crash on the highway east of Tennessee Street around 11:58 p.m. on Nov. 10, police said.
They located the vehicle in the bushes on the shoulder of the road between Tennessee Street and Redwood Parkway, and found that the driver had suffered gunshot wounds to his upper body.
Medical personnel pronounced the man dead at the scene.
The death marks the city's 13th homicide of the year, according to police.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call Vallejo police Detective Mat Mustard or Jared Jaksch at (800) 488-9383.
vallejo, crash, shooting, I-80, north bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday