North Bay News
Memorial held for fallen Vallejo officer
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- A candlelight vigil was held on Sunday in memory of a Vallejo police officer killed in the line of duty.
Ofc. Jim Capoot was shot and killed Thursday while chasing a suspected bank robber. Capoot's family issued a statement over the weekend thanking the community for their outpouring of love and support.
The family went on to say anyone who wanted to show their respect for Capoot could do so by thanking an officer for their service.
Henry Albert Smith, a Fairfield resident, is being held on murder charges.
shooting, crime, vallejo, north bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire