North Bay News
Lt. Gov. Newsom buying new home in Marin County
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom is buying a new home in Marin County and that has some raising questions about his future political aspirations.
Newsom announced he's buying a $2.2 million home in Kentfield. That's part of current U.S. Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey's congressional district. Woolsey announced in June that she wouldn't seek re-election in 2012.
Many believe Newsom made the move so he could run for Congress; however, a spokesperson for the lieutenant governor had previously said he had no plans to run for her seat.
marin county, gavin newsom, north bay news
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies 7 min ago
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized 29 min ago
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor 37 min ago
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu 36 min ago
- Giants pitcher Sergio Romo gets ice cream flavor
- Blanco's 2-run triple in 7th helps Giants win, 4-2
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
36 min ago
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers,...
37 min ago