North Bay News
Lt. Gov. Newsom buying new home in Marin County
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom is buying a new home in Marin County and that has some raising questions about his future political aspirations.
Newsom announced he's buying a $2.2 million home in Kentfield. That's part of current U.S. Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey's congressional district. Woolsey announced in June that she wouldn't seek re-election in 2012.
Many believe Newsom made the move so he could run for Congress; however, a spokesperson for the lieutenant governor had previously said he had no plans to run for her seat.
marin county, gavin newsom, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 49 min ago
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults 53 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos