North Bay News
Lt. Gov. Newsom buying new home in Marin County
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom is buying a new home in Marin County and that has some raising questions about his future political aspirations.
Newsom announced he's buying a $2.2 million home in Kentfield. That's part of current U.S. Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey's congressional district. Woolsey announced in June that she wouldn't seek re-election in 2012.
Many believe Newsom made the move so he could run for Congress; however, a spokesperson for the lieutenant governor had previously said he had no plans to run for her seat.
marin county, gavin newsom, north bay news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 46 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock 5 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 24 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 16 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan