North Bay News
Police release more info on bike hit-and-run
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Police have released information about one of the vehicles involved in a hit-and-run that killed a bicyclist in Santa Rosa on Monday.
Police determined that Frank Moreno, 49, was struck by two vehicles around 6:45 p.m.
Moreno, of Santa Rosa, was knocked off his bicycle when he was struck in the southbound lane of Fulton Road just south of Chatham Road, Sgt. Lance Badger said.
That vehicle left the scene before police arrived, Badger said.
Moreno was then struck by a second southbound car as he was lying in the roadway, Badger said. That driver, Bianca Belle-Bonas, 18, of Santa Rosa, stopped at the scene, Badger said.
Moreno was pronounced dead at the scene, although it is unclear which collision caused his death, Badger said.
Police said the vehicle that fled the scene was a silver late 90s or 2000-model Dodge Durango or Dakota. The SUV may have damage from the collision.
Police are still investigating the incident. Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Officer Mike Mieger at (707) 543-3636.
hit and run, santa rosa, north bay news
- Officials to give update on new Bay Bridge bolts 5 min ago
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire 51 min ago
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos