North Bay News
Police release more info on bike hit-and-run
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Police have released information about one of the vehicles involved in a hit-and-run that killed a bicyclist in Santa Rosa on Monday.
Police determined that Frank Moreno, 49, was struck by two vehicles around 6:45 p.m.
Moreno, of Santa Rosa, was knocked off his bicycle when he was struck in the southbound lane of Fulton Road just south of Chatham Road, Sgt. Lance Badger said.
That vehicle left the scene before police arrived, Badger said.
Moreno was then struck by a second southbound car as he was lying in the roadway, Badger said. That driver, Bianca Belle-Bonas, 18, of Santa Rosa, stopped at the scene, Badger said.
Moreno was pronounced dead at the scene, although it is unclear which collision caused his death, Badger said.
Police said the vehicle that fled the scene was a silver late 90s or 2000-model Dodge Durango or Dakota. The SUV may have damage from the collision.
Police are still investigating the incident. Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Officer Mike Mieger at (707) 543-3636.
hit and run, santa rosa, north bay news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall 8 min ago
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport 13 min ago
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos