North Bay News
Truck crashes into Vallejo Safeway supermarket
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Customers in a Vallejo Safeway store escaped injury this morning when a pickup truck crashed into the store, destroying checkout stands and aisles, according to a fire captain.
Firefighters were called to the store at 122 Robles Way at 8:11 a.m. upon receiving a report that someone needed to be extricated from a vehicle inside the store, according to fire Capt. Dan Sarna.
"The vehicle went entirely into the building," he said.
Upon arrival, firefighters found that the person in the car had already exited the vehicle.
Sarna said that a building inspector was called to the scene, which is "usually an indication of substantial damage to the structure." A battalion chief who reported to the scene was not immediately available for comment.
No injuries were reported, Sarna said.
crash, vallejo, safeway, north bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday