North Bay News
Teen admits she made up kidnapping story
SUISUN CITY, Calif (KGO) -- A 17-year-old girl who was believed to have been abducted from her Suisun City home last week admitted to fabricating the kidnapping to get sympathy from her family, according to Suisun City police.
The Solano County Sheriff's Office and Suisun City Police Department formed a task force on Friday with the Solano County District Attorney's Office, FBI, U.S. Marshals Service and California Highway Patrol to search for Christina Almanza, who was reported missing Thursday afternoon, according to police.
An Amber Alert was issued for Almanza on Friday.
The missing-persons report was based on a voicemail and text messages Almanza left on a family member's cellphone. Almanza said she was being held hostage, possibly with other females, in a basement and that one female might have been killed.
She was found safe at a home in the 100 block of Bolton Way in Vallejo on Friday, police said. Two people at the home were detained and released after questioning.
Almanza was taken to the Solano County Sheriff's Office, where she admitted that her abduction and imprisonment were false. She said she had made up the story to get sympathy from her family, police said.
She admitted to writing and sending the text messages but said she had not expected law enforcement to get involved, police said. The teen was arrested for filing a false police report.
She was released to her parents' custody and issued a notice to appear in court.
amber alert, solano county, north bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 51 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
51 min ago