North Bay News
Teen admits she made up kidnapping story
SUISUN CITY, Calif (KGO) -- A 17-year-old girl who was believed to have been abducted from her Suisun City home last week admitted to fabricating the kidnapping to get sympathy from her family, according to Suisun City police.
The Solano County Sheriff's Office and Suisun City Police Department formed a task force on Friday with the Solano County District Attorney's Office, FBI, U.S. Marshals Service and California Highway Patrol to search for Christina Almanza, who was reported missing Thursday afternoon, according to police.
An Amber Alert was issued for Almanza on Friday.
The missing-persons report was based on a voicemail and text messages Almanza left on a family member's cellphone. Almanza said she was being held hostage, possibly with other females, in a basement and that one female might have been killed.
She was found safe at a home in the 100 block of Bolton Way in Vallejo on Friday, police said. Two people at the home were detained and released after questioning.
Almanza was taken to the Solano County Sheriff's Office, where she admitted that her abduction and imprisonment were false. She said she had made up the story to get sympathy from her family, police said.
She admitted to writing and sending the text messages but said she had not expected law enforcement to get involved, police said. The teen was arrested for filing a false police report.
She was released to her parents' custody and issued a notice to appear in court.
amber alert, solano county, north bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes 5 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz? 37 min ago
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
14 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos