North Bay News
Power restored after outage at Marin General
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Services came to a standstill and patients had to be turned away at Marin General this morning after a power outage left the hospital and nearly 4,000 other customers in the dark.
PG&E officials say a third-party construction crew dug into one of their electrical lines near the hospital just before 9 this morning. Marin General staff say their backup generators kicked in and power was restored around 10.
Ambulances were diverted for an hour during the outage but patients are now being accepted again.
marin county, power outage, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos