North Bay News
Teen struck by suspected drunk driver in Petaluma
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A suspected drunk driver struck a 15-year-old pedestrian who was in a crosswalk in Petaluma on Sunday.
The incident happened shortly after 12:30 a.m. at the corner of East Washington and Edith Streets.
The young victim was taken to the hospital with major injuries but is said to be stable.
The driver has been identified as 20-year-old Wesley Pickford of Novato, who admitted to drinking.
Police say his blood alcohol level was .15 percent, about twice the legal limit.
petaluma, crime, DUI, crash, pedestrian struck, north bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive 54 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University 28 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Fresno police seek suspects in teacher's shooting 8 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday