North Bay News
SMART train construction could begin Tuesday
SONOMA, Calif. (KGO) -- Construction on the Sonoma-Marin "smart train" could begin on Tuesday even though the project is still in a tunnel of controversy.
Construction depends on the approval of a $100 million contract by the Rail Transit District on Monday. This is expected to happen, but opponents are saying stop that train.
They say voters were misled when they approved the quarter cent sales tax increase that is paying for the train and are trying to get a measure on the ballot to repeal it.
marin city, sonoma, construction, transportation, north bay news
- NYC building explodes, 11 minor injuries reported 21 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos