North Bay News
SMART train construction could begin Tuesday
SONOMA, Calif. (KGO) -- Construction on the Sonoma-Marin "smart train" could begin on Tuesday even though the project is still in a tunnel of controversy.
Construction depends on the approval of a $100 million contract by the Rail Transit District on Monday. This is expected to happen, but opponents are saying stop that train.
They say voters were misled when they approved the quarter cent sales tax increase that is paying for the train and are trying to get a measure on the ballot to repeal it.
marin city, sonoma, construction, transportation, north bay news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Crews control two-alarm grass fire in San Jose
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni 46 min ago
- UK officials: Radical Islam drives London attack 25 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 49ers Michael Crabtree tears right Achilles tendon
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos