North Bay News
90-year-old Marin man "touch and go" after shooting
GREENBRAE, Calif. (KGO) -- A 90-year-old Marin County man recovering after being wounded during a shootout with an intruder is having trouble breathing and is heavily sedated.
Jay Leone shot the burglary suspect three times after the man broke into his Greenbrae home Wednesday morning.
Police say the suspect also had a gun and shot Leone in the cheek.
His sister tells ABC7 it has been "touch and go" the last few days. Leone is now on a ventilator and doctors may have to perform a tracheotomy.
Leone is a World War II veteran and a former law enforcement agent. Friends say he is tough enough to pull through.
larkspur, crime, shooting, home invasion, north bay news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire