North Bay News
90-year-old Marin man "touch and go" after shooting
GREENBRAE, Calif. (KGO) -- A 90-year-old Marin County man recovering after being wounded during a shootout with an intruder is having trouble breathing and is heavily sedated.
Jay Leone shot the burglary suspect three times after the man broke into his Greenbrae home Wednesday morning.
Police say the suspect also had a gun and shot Leone in the cheek.
His sister tells ABC7 it has been "touch and go" the last few days. Leone is now on a ventilator and doctors may have to perform a tracheotomy.
Leone is a World War II veteran and a former law enforcement agent. Friends say he is tough enough to pull through.
larkspur, crime, shooting, home invasion, north bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday