North Bay News
Marin County smoking ban on hold
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A Marin County smoking ban is on hold while lawmakers consider weeding out marijuana from the measure.
The ordinance as written would outlaw smoking in unincorporated county apartments and included marijuana and other herbs as well as tobacco.
It was abruptly sent back to committee Wednesday when Supervisor Kate Sears said only tobacco should be banned. She said there's already a law covering pot.
marin county, smoking, marijuana, north bay news
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 49 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league 54 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos