North Bay News
Marin County smoking ban on hold
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A Marin County smoking ban is on hold while lawmakers consider weeding out marijuana from the measure.
The ordinance as written would outlaw smoking in unincorporated county apartments and included marijuana and other herbs as well as tobacco.
It was abruptly sent back to committee Wednesday when Supervisor Kate Sears said only tobacco should be banned. She said there's already a law covering pot.
marin county, smoking, marijuana, north bay news
- Sheriff: Suspect in Colorado school shooting dead 36 min ago
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home
- EMT killed in fiery crash on I-580 remembered
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Photos: Colorado high school shooting 11 min ago
- Board approves eminent domain move for train 51 min ago
- Survey: Average American leaves $177,000 to heirs 12 min ago
- Vigils to mark first anniversary of Newtown shooting
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Saturday
- roundup: SF stabbing; Water main breaks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday