North Bay News
Marin County smoking ban on hold
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A Marin County smoking ban is on hold while lawmakers consider weeding out marijuana from the measure.
The ordinance as written would outlaw smoking in unincorporated county apartments and included marijuana and other herbs as well as tobacco.
It was abruptly sent back to committee Wednesday when Supervisor Kate Sears said only tobacco should be banned. She said there's already a law covering pot.
marin county, smoking, marijuana, north bay news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges 26 min ago
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 18 min ago
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
16 min ago
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
14 min ago