North Bay News
Five-alarm structure fire in Fairfield under control
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- A five-alarm blaze at a building in Fairfield is under control tonight, although fire crews remain on the scene to watch for hot spots, Fairfield fire officials said.
The blaze was reported at 6:53 p.m. at 744 Empire St., a commercial building that houses several local businesses including an American Cancer Society office, according to fire officials.
The building was unoccupied tonight and no injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fairfield, fire, north bay news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California 39 min ago
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond 12 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Los Angeles subway dig finds prehistoric artifacts
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos