North Bay News
Escaped inmate from Napa State Hospital found
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- An inmate who escaped from Napa State Hospital Sunday night is back in custody.
The patient left his ward at 9:30 p.m. Staff members gave chase, but lost him on the sprawling 77 acre property. He was finally located Monday morning at a Raley's supermarket close to the facility.
Napa State Hospital has been the site of several high profile problems in recent years, including a violent inmate attack that took the life of a staffer in 2010.
napa state hospital, north bay news
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness 30 min ago
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments 39 min ago
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 24 min ago
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday