North Bay News
Woman arrested for DUI after double fatal crash in Fairfield
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- A Sacramento woman was arrested for DUI after a crash that killed two men in Fairfield early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Michelle Henry, 42, was driving a Buick Lucerne on westbound Interstate Highway 80 near Air Base Parkway at about 5:20 a.m., the CHP said.
Henry was allegedly traveling at high speed when she struck the rear of a Ford Explorer, causing both vehicles to overturn, the CHP said.
The Buick landed in some bushes on the right shoulder, and the Explorer rolled across two lanes of traffic and came to rest on its roof, the CHP said.
As one of the passengers in the Explorer - a 25-year-old Sacramento man -- got out of the vehicle to help another passenger, a Toyota struck the rear of the vehicle causing it to strike him.
The man was thrown into westbound traffic and killed, the CHP said.
The driver of the Explorer, a Sacramento man, was also killed.
The Solano County coroner's office had not released the victims' identities as of this afternoon.
Henry, who suffered minor injuries, was arrested for felony drunk driving and possession of a loaded firearm.
fairfield, north bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday