North Bay News
Cord appears to have started garage fire
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A fire spread from a fence to a detached garage in Santa Rosa early Monday morning, according San Rosa fire officials.
The fire was reported at 12:01 a.m. along the fence at the rear of the home at 1064 Clark St.
Arriving firefighters found the fire had spread to the garage, burning two walls and a portion of the roof and attic, fire officials said.
Firefighters had the blaze controlled within 10 minutes. Extensive overhaul was necessary to put out the fire, fire officials said.
The cause of the fire appears to be an electrical extension cord that was running under the fence and connected to a pump used to circulate water for a fish pond.
Damage to the fence and garage was estimated at $20,000, fire officials said.
No injuries were reported.
fire, fire safety, santa rosa, north bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed