North Bay News
Cord appears to have started garage fire
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A fire spread from a fence to a detached garage in Santa Rosa early Monday morning, according San Rosa fire officials.
The fire was reported at 12:01 a.m. along the fence at the rear of the home at 1064 Clark St.
Arriving firefighters found the fire had spread to the garage, burning two walls and a portion of the roof and attic, fire officials said.
Firefighters had the blaze controlled within 10 minutes. Extensive overhaul was necessary to put out the fire, fire officials said.
The cause of the fire appears to be an electrical extension cord that was running under the fence and connected to a pump used to circulate water for a fish pond.
Damage to the fence and garage was estimated at $20,000, fire officials said.
No injuries were reported.
fire, fire safety, santa rosa, north bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 44 min ago
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
42 min ago