North Bay News
Santa Rosa teen overdosed on date rape drug
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (KGO) -- There is surprising new information on the death of a Santa Rosa teenager who died during a sleepover last summer. The Sonoma County coroner says 14-year-old Takeimi Rao overdosed on the so-called "date rape" drug GHB. It was consumed in a beverage.
Investigators initially thought the teen might have died from alcohol poisoning after drinking vodka with friends, all the girls threw up that night but Rao never woke up.
They're now trying to determine if Rao took it knowingly and how the group got it.
santa rosa, children, alcohol, north bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos