North Bay News
Caltrans misspells "Rohnert Park" on freeway sign
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans may want to use spell-check the next time it puts up a highway sign in the North Bay. There is an embarrassing misspelling on a highway sign on Highway 101 in Sonoma County.
The sign misspells the name of the county's third largest city -- Rohnert Park. The correct spelling puts the "h" before the "n" in Rohnert, but the sign puts the "n" first.
County officials say the contractor, not taxpayers, will have to pick up the cost of fixing it.
highway 101, rohnert park, sonoma county, caltrans, north bay news
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home 57 min ago
- EMT killed in fiery crash on I-580 remembered 42 min ago
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Vigils to mark first anniversary of Newtown shooting 13 min ago
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday