North Bay News
Caltrans misspells "Rohnert Park" on freeway sign
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans may want to use spell-check the next time it puts up a highway sign in the North Bay. There is an embarrassing misspelling on a highway sign on Highway 101 in Sonoma County.
The sign misspells the name of the county's third largest city -- Rohnert Park. The correct spelling puts the "h" before the "n" in Rohnert, but the sign puts the "n" first.
County officials say the contractor, not taxpayers, will have to pick up the cost of fixing it.
highway 101, rohnert park, sonoma county, caltrans, north bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 27 min ago
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together
- Oakland's real estate market heats up 25 min ago
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food 18 min ago
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change 32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos