North Bay News
2 killed in Fairfield shooting
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Two men were fatally shot near the Parkway Gardens condominium complex in Fairfield this afternoon, police said.
Police received multiple calls of shots fired in the 75 block of El Toro Court at 4:48 p.m., Officer Cleo Mayoral said.
Police found two men -- a 24-year-old Fairfield man and an 18-year-old man from Palo Alto -- suffering from gunshot wounds. Both men were pronounced dead at the scene, Mayoral said.
Police are searching for a suspect who was seen running away from the area.
He was described as a black man with dreadlocks, about 6 feet 1 inches tall, with an athletic build. He was carrying a black handgun, Mayoral said.
The suspect vehicle may be a gold Mercedes-Benz, he said.
Crime scene and homicide detectives are at the scene this evening.
fairfield, shooting, north bay news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Oakland considers dropping ShotSpotter technology
- 'Selfie' section added to Apple's iTunes App Store
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House 45 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos