North Bay News
2 killed in Fairfield shooting
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Two men were fatally shot near the Parkway Gardens condominium complex in Fairfield this afternoon, police said.
Police received multiple calls of shots fired in the 75 block of El Toro Court at 4:48 p.m., Officer Cleo Mayoral said.
Police found two men -- a 24-year-old Fairfield man and an 18-year-old man from Palo Alto -- suffering from gunshot wounds. Both men were pronounced dead at the scene, Mayoral said.
Police are searching for a suspect who was seen running away from the area.
He was described as a black man with dreadlocks, about 6 feet 1 inches tall, with an athletic build. He was carrying a black handgun, Mayoral said.
The suspect vehicle may be a gold Mercedes-Benz, he said.
Crime scene and homicide detectives are at the scene this evening.
fairfield, shooting, north bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday