North Bay News
Brass rings stolen from cemetery in Sonoma
SONOMA, Calif. (KGO) -- Sonoma police are investigating a new case of vandalism at a local cemetery -- and it may have been sparked by the bad economy.
Investigators say about 40 brass rings - worth $50 apiece - were pried off crypts at the Sonoma Mountain cemetery on First Street West. There's a history of vandalism at the cemetery - usually following illegal partying. But, police believe in this case, the thieves were after the money they could get from selling the metal.
sonoma, crime, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 13 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos