North Bay News
Final suspect arrrested in Fairfield double homicide
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Police on Monday arrested a third suspect in a double homicide that occurred in Fairfield earlier this month.
Vallejo resident Blake Johnson, 21, was arrested on suspicion of murder for the March 7 shooting deaths of Vedell Chew, 24, of Fairfield, and Bernard Francis Knight, 18, of East Palo Alto, police said.
The victims were shot on El Toro Court in the Parkway Garden neighborhood, police said. The shooting was reported at 4:48 p.m. Both men were pronounced dead at the scene.
After the killings, three arrest warrants were issued. Two suspects -- Darren Trahan, 21, of East Palo Alto, and Marcel Rutherford-Chew, 18, of Redwood City -- were arrested on March 10, when they turned themselves in.
The Solano County District Attorney's Office announced last week that it had decided to hold off on charging Trahan and Rutherford-Chew pending further investigation.
On Monday, Johnson was spotted on a train in Nevada. Federal agents observed him on the train as it traveled into California, and Johnson was taken into custody without incident as the train arrived in Sacramento, police said.
He was booked into Solano County Jail on an outstanding warrant and is being held without bail.
Police are working with the Solano County District Attorney's Office to review the case.
After Monday's arrest, police said there are no other wanted suspects in the case.
fairfield, crime, murder, north bay news
- Secret Service investigating Target hack 19 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope 43 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 9 min ago
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos