North Bay News
Police arrest 13 during DUI checkpoint
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Police made 13 arrests during a DUI checkpoint in east Santa Rosa on Friday night.
Three people were arrested for driving under the influence, six for driving without a license and four for driving on a suspended license, Santa Rosa police Sgt. Rich Celli said.
The license violators were cited and released.
Three of the people cited for driving on a suspended license had their cards impounded for 30 days, police said. The cars of the six unlicensed drivers were turned over to drivers with a license.
The checkpoint was carried out at state Highway 12 at Streamside Drive just west of Mission Boulevard. It was the fourth of a number of DUI checkpoints that will be conducted this year, Celli said.
A total of 1,366 motorists drove through the checkpoint, and 51 drivers were screened for DUI or license violations, Celli said.
DUI, santa rosa, north bay news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore 59 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual 51 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims 37 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop" 16 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos