North Bay News
Police searching for 15-year-old from Santa Rosa
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Authorities are searching for 15-year-old girl who has been missing since she left for a bike ride on Saturday morning, a Santa Rosa police sergeant said Thursday afternoon.
The father of Charlotte Anna Molinari contacted police around 9 p.m. Saturday, Sgt. Lisa Banayat said. He said his daughter had left on her bike around 9:45 a.m. that day, possibly bound for Spring Lake.
Santa Rosa police are searching for the girl and have requested mutual aid from the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office helicopter and search-and-rescue teams, Banayat said.
There is some evidence Charlotte might be depressed, Banayat said. She normally attends Sonoma Academy but has not been seen by her fellow students, according to Banayat.
Charlotte is white, 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighs 150 pounds and has curly brown hair and brown eyes, police said.
She was wearing a dark blue knee-length coat and was carrying a green backpack. She was on a green mountain bike and had a laptop and ukulele with her, Banayat said.
Police are asking anyone with information about her to call Detective Jeneane Kucker at (707) 543-3595 or the dispatch center after hours at (707) 528-5222.
santa rosa, missing person, north bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos