North Bay News
Police searching for 15-year-old from Santa Rosa
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Authorities are searching for 15-year-old girl who has been missing since she left for a bike ride on Saturday morning, a Santa Rosa police sergeant said Thursday afternoon.
The father of Charlotte Anna Molinari contacted police around 9 p.m. Saturday, Sgt. Lisa Banayat said. He said his daughter had left on her bike around 9:45 a.m. that day, possibly bound for Spring Lake.
Santa Rosa police are searching for the girl and have requested mutual aid from the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office helicopter and search-and-rescue teams, Banayat said.
There is some evidence Charlotte might be depressed, Banayat said. She normally attends Sonoma Academy but has not been seen by her fellow students, according to Banayat.
Charlotte is white, 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighs 150 pounds and has curly brown hair and brown eyes, police said.
She was wearing a dark blue knee-length coat and was carrying a green backpack. She was on a green mountain bike and had a laptop and ukulele with her, Banayat said.
Police are asking anyone with information about her to call Detective Jeneane Kucker at (707) 543-3595 or the dispatch center after hours at (707) 528-5222.
santa rosa, missing person, north bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits 15 min ago
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF 45 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 25 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision 37 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks 2 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday