North Bay News
Body of girl found believed to be Charlotte Molinari
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (KGO) -- Searchers were out in the heat in Santa Rosa Friday scouring two parks for a missing 15-year-old last seen six days ago.
11PM UPDATE: The body of a young female was found by searchers in Annadel State Park in Sonoma County. It is believed to be Charlotte Molinari.
The case is still being investigated, but it appears to be a suicide. Foul play is not suspected. The Sonoma County Coroner's Office will do a further investigation into the exact cause of death.
One of the first things searchers with dogs did this morning was go to a location not at the parks. It was the spot where investigators last got a signal from Charlotte Molinari's cellphone. That signal went dead on Monday and they never found anything in that area, but they had good reason to continue searching the wooded area around the parks.
Last Saturday morning, Charlotte told her dad she was riding her bike to Spring Lake, but that's only one of the pieces of information that lead investigators to the spot. "Found that she researched directions, how to get from her apartment in west Santa Rosa to here," SRPD Lt, Steve Bair said. The lieutenant said it's clear she left of her own free will. There were 26 volunteers and three dogs that pitched in to search. "As we got more information, there might be some emotional issues going on where she was upset. But at this point, there is absolutely nothing to indicate foul play," Bair said.
Locals who walk those paths regularly admit they've been lost before. One woman made a point to come out early this morning and keep her eyes peeled. "I said if it was you, I would want anybody in our area to be out there looking," resident Jessica Grainger said.
The search for Charlotte began Saturday night when her dad reported her missing around 9 p.m. Police said she was on a green mountain bike and she had her backpack and a ukulele with her, possibly even a laptop computer.
santa rosa, missing person, sonoma county, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos