North Bay News
Body recovered near Bodega Bay shore
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- A body was recovered from the waters in Bodega Bay this morning, a Sonoma County sheriff's lieutenant said.
Tourists spotted what appeared to be a body at the base of the cliff at Bodega Head and called the sheriff's office at 7:40 p.m. Tuesday, Lt. Dennis O'Leary said.
The sheriff's office sent a helicopter to the area that night but "due to the darkness, we couldn't do anything," O'Leary said.
At first light this morning, a helicopter was sent out to the same area and the remains were found and retrieved around 8:30 a.m., he said.
O'Leary said the body has not yet been identified and it is not yet clear how long it had been in the water.
sonoma county, north bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday